Friday, August 17, 2007

Thank God it's Friday!

I love Fridays. I've always been looking forward to it ever since I was a kid. But of course my reason for getting giddy over it changes through time. Like when I was in Grade school it was a TV-all-nighter kinda thing. After I do my mopit (Chinese Calligraphy), my hands would automatically grab the remote and I'd watch Lamb Chops Play Along or Gem. You've probably guessed my age from there. Come highschool, Fridays became my Telebabad Night. I'd talk to my bestfriends for hours even if we just spent the whole day together. I still can't understand why there were so many (senseless i guess) things to talk about. When I entered college Fridays became my Indulgence Night. Eating, sleeping, watching movies, anything that's fattening, you name it; that's what I normally did.

Though those Fridays were fun, they weren't really meaningful. I didn't grow mentally, emotionally or spiritually... well, just physically I guess (hehe). Now that I've graduated college and officially a part of the Young Professionals population, I see Fridays in a different light. It's a good wrap up for the week's stress at work. It can also be a fun&value-filled night. I together with other Young Pros have fellowship in our fave hangout place, a coffee shop! So what we do on these nights? Usually, we study God's word, share our thoughts and ideas, encourage each other to grow. I guess young pros nowadays aren't really all about just being money-makers, they long to find a noble purpose to pursue, fulfill it faithfully and help others do the same. Spending time with my brothers and sisters in Christ has no doubt strengthened my faith and added my joy. I'm glad I ain't glued to the tube anymore, or else, I won't have met this wonderful bunch in the course of life's bumpy ride. Oh yeah, today's Friday! You are more than welcome to join us. :)

No comments: